Information About Stuff

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Beavers

I am about as tall as a beaver dam.

a Beavers babys are called kits

Beavers liv in lodjis

lodjis are beaver homs.

A tree chafed by a beaver
This is a tree that a beaver ate.

Dictated to Mama:
A beaver can hold his breath for 15 minutes. One time my mom was fly fishing in a river. A beaver across the river slapped his tail. Beavers slap their tails when in danger. It was really loud. It sounded like this "SSLLAAPP." After it slapped the water it went diving under the water.
Beaver lodges can sometimes look like islands in the water made out of sticks. The islands go to the bottom of the lake. The beavers build tunnels to get in and out of the lodge. That's how they swim under the ice in the winter.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Aidan -- I like beavers, too. We have one in the pond at our farm in Virginia.

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:36 AM  

  • Wow! That's quite a set of teeth they have. I don't think I've personally seen a live beaver before, although I'm sure I've seen a dam and a lodge before. Very cool pics, Aidan.

    Wes

    By Blogger Wes, at 11:54 AM  

  • Beavers seem like a very smart animal. They also seem to be friendly, but boy, they sure do chew things up!

    By Blogger Rose, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home